Tuesday, January 01, 2019

Christmas 2018

Christmas is such a special time for me.  I put lots of work into it and plan for weeks.... and every year (so far) all of my children and grandson make it home. I know as the years come that may not be the case. One married son, Michael lives in Orlando with my daughter in law, Amber and grandson Lincoln. One daughter, Mandi lives in Montgomery with my son in law, Andrew and one son lives in Memphis, Dakota with my daughter in law, Alex. My baby girl, Lysa goes to college hear Orlando. So for all of them to make the trek home.... is a gift to me. I am so grateful. Anyway, as the years come ... and life takes them away.... we may not all be able to be home for Christmas. So, I do not take this for granted.  It is loud and crazy and ... a bit cramped.... but, we do it.




                                       my original four sons & two daughters.

Afterward.... when everyone says goodbye and they go in direct directions .... I have to be careful not to jump on the train of mom guilt.  This year... it seemed to hit hard. For the past few days I've been fighting it....  speaking Truth to myself, looking back over the year and our memories and spending time with Jesus.

A friend of mine gave me a quote/plaque for my wall.... and I love it.

"Gratitude turns what we have into enough."

Even when others want you to believe it wasn't enough, or good enough or.... planned enough....  IT WAS.

If you are sad it is all over and.... struggling with mom guilt....  YOU ARE ENOUGH.

My kids tell me often what they remember most about past memories.... and it is never the things I worried about or stressed over....

So, as you go into this NEW YEAR .....  embrace His gifts, steadfast love and remember YOU ARE ENOUGH.  It's the little things that matter.

Hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas....

I will be sharing.... my word and my book list and thoughts for 2019 in a few days!



Grace~ Teena

No comments:

Post a Comment