Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Through it All.... All is Grace. Through Our Brokenness....

Even when we can not understand and life seems to throw us into the pit....  God is there. When life gives us struggles... and hardships God is with us. He never leaves us. I am so grateful for that.

God continues to show me over and over that He is right here with me.  He continues to work His miracles and allow me to be a part of them. He continues to pour His daily grace on me and I am so very thankful.

I have shared before how I started counting my gifts in 2007. I read Ann Voskamp's book "One Thousand Gifts" in 2011 I believe and .... by counting it changed the way I see life. I started looking for the good.... beauty.... even in the small....  and then in the hard.   Almost 10 yrs since I started my thankful gifts. I am around 6000. I haven't made it to 10,000 yet. I will....  I will never stop. Ann shared just counting three a day will give you 1000 a year. I love to look back through the years at all my gifts.

Ann's new book "The Broken Way" was released last week. Oh how God is showing me so very much.

So....  by saying that it is hard to come here and share my struggles. Every time I think I will ....   the words will not come.  I have shared some things.

As my daughter was on the other side of the world....  her words to these children were "your circumstances do not define you."  Those words have helped me so much through the years. I remember hearing Maureen say that too. Maureen says it over and over to the children in the slum, to the girls at the Mercy House.

I find myself saying those words to myself....  "your circumstances do not define you."


My trust is in God and God alone. All for His glory.  Through the hard ...


May the JOY of the Lord be yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment