Friday, September 09, 2016

A Little Boy Named Miquel.

It's been 5 months since Lysa left for the Philippines. I have shared here about her trip with a few other posts but I want to share with you another God story.

Lysa traveled to the Philippines to visit her sponsored child, stay with Joy (a friend of her's) and visit some other friends she met in 2009-2010 when they came to the U.S.

While she was there she helped Joy with a conference that Joy was assisting with.... this was not a Compassion Event. Joy does not work with Compassion. Lots of people attended and she met several people.
 These two girls attended the weekend conference and Lysa loved getting to know them and hearing their stories.  Lysa and I have talked about how a lot of times you want to be a blessing to others but you end up being the one blessed!



During the conference Lysa saw this little boy and when  he saw her .... he would smile and hide. He would wait a few seconds and peek to see if she was looking! This went on for sometime.  Then Lysa went over to him and they started playing with his paper airplane. 
His name is Miquel and he walks a bit different because his legs are weak. 

Lysa and Miquel played for hours ... flying that paper plane. They didn't speak the same language.... just the language of love. Every time Miquel would fly the plane Lysa would say "good job" and  then.... every time Lysa flew the plane... Miquel would say "good job."

Later that evening.....   someone told Lysa that Miquel was a Compassion sponsored child. She was so surprised. She began talking to his mom and she confirmed that he was indeed a Compassion sponsored child. She then told Lysa....   something so sad...   "He has never received a letter from his sponsor."   Lysa told her how sorry she was and how she loves to write to her sponsored child. How she loves the relationship between her sponsored child and herself. The mother then went on to say that "Miquel prays every night to receive ONE letter."  Lysa told Miquel's mother she would start praying, along with them, that Miquel would receive a letter!

That next morning Lysa & I were able to talk on the phone. She told me all of this. Lysa begged me to call Compassion  and see if there was anyway she could start writing him ....  you know be Miquel's correspondant. I told her it was Sunday here but I would call first thing in the morning. She had his whole name and where he lived.

On Monday morning I called.

The man I spoke to was flippano. He looked Miquel up. He found him. What he said next....  made my heart burst.

He informed me that Miquel had been sponsored but never received a letter.  EVER.   He then said...

Miquel's sponsor recently stopped sponsoring him.....  would your daughter like to be his sponsor?

I couldn't believe it! You see... God was already ahead of us! Of course, Lysa would want to sponsor him! I did tell him to put him on my account and I would check with her and call him back.

I wasn't able to talk with her for most of the day but I finally reached her.

She was in shock! YES!! I want him! I reminded her that she already sponsored Jazzy and was also paying the sponsorship of Wyatt's sponsored child....   this would make three that she would be financially responsible for....     "I know, Mom....  but God will make a way.... Miquel is already mine!"  I knew that too.

God is faithful. Lysa not only met her sponsored child, Jazzy Rain.... she met Miquel! 

As we talked and talked and cried and cried.... the days after she came home...  Lysa would say...  "that I was there, saw Miquel, talked to his mother, found out he was sponsored and that he had never received a letter....  and then.... that I could sponsor him.... that is God! God connected the dots!"  He already knew.

Miquel and his mother's prayers were answered! God is the God of miracles.

I keep thinking about how surprised they will be when they open his FIRST letter and see this....



God is faithful. Thank you, Jesus for Miquel. What a gift. So honored to see Your glory.


Change a life... sponsor a child today!
Grace~ Teena

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing story!!! Thank you so much for sharing it! I LOVE it when God puts so many things in place and you can clearly see Him at work! :)

    ReplyDelete