Wednesday, May 04, 2016

When She was There and I was Here. Pt. 2

.....  God continued to give me glimpses of His glory when Lysa was in the Philippines last month. I know He gives us glimpses every day.... so I look for them.

Lysa is my youngest daughter and Mandi is the oldest. Two girls.  Mandi traveled to Kenya in 2010. When she was there... God would allow me to peek in and that happened with Lysa too. I am so very grateful as I have never traveled overseas.

When we arrived home after traveling back from the airport....  I found Wyatt in Lysa's room crying. My two youngest boys are very protective, watch out for her even though they are several years younger than her. We talked and I reassured him that God would take care of Lysa. They both wanted to know when she called (from Korea where her lay over would be). I promised to wake them. I then decided to sleep in Lysa's room.  She has a big room with a big window and when the sun comes up in the morning... it shines in. I brought my bible and journal with me....  set my phone on the loudest setting so I could hear it when she called. I was thinking it would be between 3:30-4:30am.  A few minutes later ... here come the boys with their mattresses! So we all camped out in Lysa's room. 
On this picture she said "Hi, Korea, it was fun chasing the sunset to get to you!"

At 3:42am my phone rang.... and she had arrived in Korea! It was so good to hear her voice. The boys woke up and said "Is that her? Is she ok?" Once I told them she was fine.... they fell back to sleep! Lysa and I talked for several minutes and reassured me she would call once she arrived in Cebu City in the Philippines.

A few minutes later my phone beeped and she had sent me a facebook msg. She informed me that the airport in Korea had wifi! How cool is that?  So while she waited for her connecting flight, we chatted. It was off/on for a couple hours! Yes, but this is a once in a lifetime thing. My daughter is on the other side of the world and technology allows us to send msgs back and forth.

Oh did I say that she had yet to see the sunset. She boarded in Atlanta at 12:30pm and when she arrived in Soeul, Korea it was almost 5pm there (15 hrs later). 

As we were talking and she send this picture to me.
.... and said "Finally, a sunset!"

Within an hour I sent her this picture
.... and she replied "awe, because it left me!"

How amazing is our God that my daughter watched the sunset on the other side of the world and within an hour I watched it rise.... and we were both on technology talking to one another!

He's got the whole world in His hands!

I will be sharing more of Lysa's trip. How she met her sponsored child and so much more!


Sponsor a child... change a life forever.
Grace~ Teena

1 comment:

  1. Love reading about her trip! It sounds amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete