Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Cool Idea~ I Think So...

I love how God brings people into our lives....  even through media. How He has ministered to me through so many in this blogsphere.  I am so very thankful for you.  For your words of encouragement and prayers through the years.  As I read your blog and peek into your lives....   and you peek into ours ... we pray for one another, encourage one another and love one another. What a great gift the Father has given us.

Last week I stumbled on a new blog. while I was reading over at Shelley's blog...   Stephani's blog.  A Defined Life. She shared how she makes Legacy Boxes for her nieces that move away to University. What a wonderful gift. I am already thinking this is something I want to do for Lysa....  in a few years....   oh be still my heart...   can not think about that right now!

Then I started thinking about ......

making Dakota one....  yes, yes I know he is a ... boy....  I mean ..... man.  I know with an already 28 yr old married son...   my days of being his ....  go to ....  MOM .. will soon be over. I am not sure when it happened but Mike (28 yr old) calls to check in, hugs me tight when he sees me and loves me but ....   it is different. He is a man man now....  with a wife, life, job and church! I am so very proud of him ... and Amber. I love them dearly....  Oh,how these changes grip my heart.

So....   I am thinking of making Dakota a Legacy box ....   I think I might decorate it in mustang cars! Trying to think about what I can put in it.... any suggestions would be appreciated. Stephani shared that you put 9 gifts in for them to unwrap one a month while they are gone. She also puts a scripture or two in each gift.

What a cool idea, huh?  

Grace~ Teena

1 comment:

  1. Never heard of a legacy box...sounds neat though! I would probably include some old, meaningful pictures, gift cards to his favorite places, college students always need cash, etc. I'm sure he'd love a sweet note from his mom & siblings too. Can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete