Saturday, June 02, 2012

Update on Erik! Pictures too!

Kees sent us these pictures of Erik! Aren't they so cute.

Let me explain. May 27th is Mother's Day in Bolivia. Since that was on a Sunday the Compassion project decided to honor the moms on May 25th. They made a meal and all the children dressed up!


 I just love this!    Also the one below with the guitar. Wonder if he likes music? Or wants to play?


















I wonder if this is his friend named Brenda? He told us about his friends and one of them was Brenda. I love how he is standing proud with a smile!
I asked Kees if Erik's mom was the one with the glasses and he said yes. It is really cool to see him and his mom.

Thank you for letting me share. I am sure you will hear a lot about Erik over the next few weeks/months. I did ask Kees if Erik has received any of our letters. He said yes and that he took a pic of him. So maybe the next update will be of that pic.

I did write Ucok & Bethlem today too.  I haven't forgotten them. Ucok is from Indonesia and I do not hear from him much and Bethlem is from Ethiopia and again... not many letters.  But, I still love them... I write every month. Sometimes online and sometimes handwritten with goodies.

I also know I can come here and share about Compassion, these kids and what they mean to us... and  so many of you are on the same page. Please take a minute and read a blog post by a young girl... the same age as my girl and the same name. She explains so well how I feel.

Hope you have a blessed weekend.

Sponsor a child today!
Grace~

4 comments:

  1. It's so awesome to see photos of Erik, Teena! What a gift. You must be thrilled!!!

    I am looking forward to seeing more in the weeks to come.

    I, too, love the blog post "Why" that God's Gal wrote. I told her it's one of my favourites! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, I love the traditional garb! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute photos! So neat that you met Kees & thru him, get to see so much of Erik's life. So happy for y'all! Love ya! Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How special that you have these pictures - what a blessing.

    ReplyDelete