Monday, March 28, 2011

So ... this MERCY~

At the beginning of 2011 I shared about my word for the year.  MERCY~

When God gave me that word....   remember I shared how I thought it was because I was considering becoming a Compassion Advocate.  How He brought Maureen and the Mercy House into our life...  How God has given me a vision for the impoverished. How our sponsored children and several from the "Children of the World" have touched us deep...  and David Platt's book "Radical" has spoke volumes to me.

But... then 2011 had several hard places....  hard.  So I thought....  "God please...  I thought we were passed this...  I thought... I thought."   But then I found myself crying out to Him for MERCY.   In this situation and that situation.....   Lord, have mercy....  Christ have mercy... Lord have mercy... on me.

As I continue this journey ....  

His grace is sufficient and I am so thankful for the people He brings into my life...   for His word... speaking TRUTH...  His promises...   and JOY is still with me.  Even in the hard places.

Now....  though He is showing me .... more....

As we were reading today in Amon's Adventure (our devotional book for Lent)

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.   ~ Matt. 5:7

"Why all this talk of mercy? Because showing mercy is one of the hardest things for humans to do, and probably the thing we like to do least. It's much more fun to condemn people than forgive them.  Blessed are you, if you show mercy toward others. If that seems too tough, just ask God to help- He's had a lot of practice. He's been doing it for you all your life."  ~ Amon's Adventure

Wow...  God wants me to show MERCY ....

He wants me to give MERCY...

So in this hard place....   He wants ME to give MERCY...  

what about me....   I need His mercy... to keep on doing this hard thing. Several hard things.  Instead He is telling me to GIVE MERCY....  

could it be by GIVING MERCY ... I will receive MERCY?   Oh wait....

isn't that what COMPASSION International is all about? Isn't  that what David Platt's talking about in his book?

MERCY.

No comments:

Post a Comment