Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Word for this year....

                  Mercy

"He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."  Micah 6:8

God continues to show me that His ways are not my ways.  I was thinking about what word/theme God would give me to focus on in 2011. I shared with a few friends how I had come to a place where I felt that God had given me a peace about my situation. 

When He kept bringing MERCY to me....    I kept thinking Mercy....  for the Mercy House Kenya.  Thinking about Maureen and Kristen and how God was doing this in Kenya.

Then I thought about how He has been speaking to me about being a Compassion Advocate and how my heart is so broken for the impoverished.

On the first Sunday of the new year we were visiting Grace Orlando while we were in Florida. Pastor Mike shared some responsive readings and the first reply was ...

LORD, HAVE MERCY....

At that moment I remembered that just the night before I was looking on the Mercy House site at some T-shirts that said

LORD, HAVE MERCY....

After coming home from visiting with Mike/Amber & my sister....  I thought of the song by Michael W. Smith....

LORD, HAVE MERCY...... CHRIST HAVE MERCY....

These last three weeks have been tough. Tough after returning home from Orlando. Lots of stressors.... I found myself crying out to Him for MERCY. Mercy. His Mercy.

Trey...   Rick & Christie's new baby boy!

God's mercy is there for us.  It is there for the children who need sponsors....  it is there for me when I cry out to Him.  It is there for you..... 


Hear my prayer, O Lord; give ear to my pleas for mercy. In your faithfulness answer me, in your righteousness.  Ps. 143:1
His mercies are new each morning....

LORD, HAVE MERCY....


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful word to seek and receive this year, Teena. May God pour out new mercies every morning to help you face each new day, and may He give you eyes to see His grace.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful that His mercies are indeed new every morning!

    ReplyDelete