Saturday, August 08, 2009

Changes....


Lots going on here.... summer is coming to a close. We haven't started school yet but... we will in the next few weeks. I have been cleaning out and reorganizing my school room (it is really our dining room/computer room.... and books, books, and more books. As my children grow older... I find myself giving away preschool books, games and all that other stuff. It is somewhat sad.. but just part of life I think. It is nice cleaning things up and weeding out what we will not need.

I love babies.... would love/loved for the Lord to give us more. I will be 48 next month and I was almost 42 when our youngest was born. For several years my heart ached for another one or two or three.... some do not understand because "I have so many" but it really doesn't seem like SO many. The last couple of years God has given me peace.... and I think I am content with our six children. My almost 12 yr old daughter still prays that Mama would have a baby.... my little boys would love it... and I would too. It is freeing to just give it to the Lord. It is also neat that as the years go by and my childbearing years come to a close the Lord continues to *add* to our family through marriage... Amber (my oldest son's wife) is so special and just a part of us. It is like she always has been... and really she has. God knew when He formed her that she would be Michael's lifemate. So often we put God in a box.... but He is so much bigger than that.

My husband left yesterday on the train to go visit his Aunt/Uncle in Maine. He went in 2007 but hasn't been back since. They are very special to him and I am thankful he was able to go. I know he will be gone for at least 3 wks... maybe longer.

Our Mandi leaves on Tuesday to go to the Baptist College of Florida. She is majoring in missions. We are very excited, nervous and sad..... we know God will bless this and I am excited to see what will happen. Please pray for our Wesley (6) he is really struggling with this.... he begs her not to go.




I am so thankful that I can rest in Him. Things are not perfect.. far from it. Often I find myself stressed and overwhelmed... I have to take a deep breath and ask Him to calm my heart, give me His peace & grace..... and with Him... I am able... though I am weak He is strong.


God of hope, I pray that You will fill me with all joy and peace as I trust in You, so that I may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Rom. 15:13)




2 comments:

  1. Rom. 15:13 is one of my memory verses for this year, and I have found it has ministered to me and others over and over again.
    Yes - our hope is in Him because He is so trustworthy. Change is never easy. I always have a hard time with it, but knowing it is all in His hands makes it a bit easier. He knows our hearts and gently ministers to each of us - especially little six year old boys whose heart is hurting. I pray the Father will bless him in a very special way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying...always.
    I love you,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete