Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Looking at 2019

Happy New Year! We are in the second month of the new year. I had a hard time leaving behind Christmas & 2018 but.....  I'm ready.

Each year.... I pick a word for the year.  This year...  I wasn't feeling it. Wasn't sure I would have one for 2019. I started to question....  was it because I do this because it trendy or because I really want to focus on something God is showing me....

2011- Mercy
2012- Grace
2013- Peace
2014- Hope
2015- Joy
2016- Rest
2017- Laugh
2018- Simple

On the last night of 2018... it came to me. It was just a word I saw and it sparked an interest. I had taken the dayspring quiz and the word PEACE kept coming up....  but that was my word for 2013. I wasn't feeling it. So when I saw this word....  I just smiled. I didn't claim it....  I just thought about it for a while. Letting myself wonder why THIS word...  and I just smiled. God is like that...  I just knew. It was right where I was at....  He met me. 

So for 2019 ~  my word....


EMBRACE

Because I struggle with change.... I believe this word .... Embrace... is perfect. I struggle and have to talk myself out of the lies...  often...  before I put my feet on the floor in the mornings... the clouds come in and whisper to me.... all the bad....  that all the change is bad, hard, and sad....  it is happening more often because life is changing fast. Change .. that word is like a bad word in my mouth...  my mind.  I do not want it to be....  so, God will show me all kinds of things with the word EMBRACE this year. Sometimes it is totally different than what I think it will be....   sharing my heart here... and keeping it real. Life is hard at times and when so many changes come...   my emotions have a hard time putting things in perspective. It is hard for others to understand... but everyone's life looks different. We all struggle with different things...   for MY life.... I'm on the tail end of raising six children (youngest is 15, in 10th grade), only two here at home... teen boys, four children living in different states, mental illness and addiction try to destroy our family... but God.  God is enough. God is bigger. God is faithful. God is my Rock.

I want to EMBRACE change....  embrace what God has set before me. I want to embrace the moment, the memory we are making at just that moment....  embrace the changes as they come.... and give glory to God for all the things He has done... and continues to do.

Happy New Year... to all of you. If you are reading... will you leave me a comment. I'm not even sure who is here anymore.  But, thank you for stopping by!


Grace~ Teena

2 comments:

  1. Great word!! I, too, struggle to embrace change and all that God has for me. My word for the year is Gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a wonderful word! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete