Monday, May 21, 2018

The Wait is Over



Last month was Compassion Sunday at our church.  I have spoken at our church for
Compassion International for several years. I love Compassion International and believe in
this organization 100%. I have seen it work! I have met Compassion graduates and seen
how CI has changed their lives.

At our church we have lots who already sponsor.  We are a somewhat small church... 200-250. We have about 40 children sponsored through Gracepointe! Isn't that wonderful!

This year as I looked all through the packets of children waiting to be sponsored. We had some
older children this year.  One that caught my eye (and heart)~ Sondo. He had been sponsored for
10 years....  just like one of our sponsored boy.  Only Sondo's sponsor stopped in Nov. 2017.

The thing is.... Sondo was only 17 months from graduating from the Compassion program. I called and inquired.  I found out that Sondo had not received a letter since March of 2016. My heart broke.

For the next few days I could not get Sondo off my mind. I wanted him to finish the Compassion program and I want to write him every month, send birthday gifts and a family gift. I want him to know that God connected the dots and added him to our family.  Most would think
he was already grown (especially in our country) but Compassion has a certain age that they "age out."  When inquiring about him....  they said he lives with his mom.  When you sponsor a child you not only change the child's life but you also minister to the family.

I knew with the children we already sponsor that I would not be able to financially sponsor Sondo. My heart was so stirred and again, I could not get him off my mind. I kept thinking about how I could work it out.....   I truly believe God was working all things out.....   I believe He gave me the idea to post his picture and ask for help on our church's Compassion page and our home school page.

You will never guess what happened?!! All 17 months have been paid! Several gave 1 month, a few gave 2 months, and a few gave several months! God is faithful!
This is Sondo! I have sent his first letter. I wish I could see his face when they tell him he has been sponsored! Most of the time when an older child loses their sponsor it is not likely for them to be sponsored again.

I can't wait to hear from him!

The video above doesn't play ... you have to click and go to youtube ... it will come up. It is an amazing video.

grace,
Teena

1 comment: