Monday, January 01, 2018

Happy New Year!



It's been awhile. We have serious computer problems at our house. So, when Lysa comes home to visit ... I always use her mac.

I was a little sad last night. Realizing I didn't blog a final time in 2017. I'm struggling with saying goodbye to 2017. I really have no choice... so of course, I will....  but, I'm struggling.  This year has brought lots more emotions. It is really strange. I think because I am getting older (56) and my children are almost all grown....  I am realizing that ... life continues to change and I am not always good with change. As all the children except Lysa said bye on Wednesday....  and Lincoln crying for me as they put him in his carseat....  my heart felt like it would explode. My 4 adult children live in other states.  Mike, Amber & Lincoln in Orlando, Florida,  Dakota & Alex in Jacksonville, Florida, Lysa in college in Kississimmee, Florida, Mandi & Andrew in Montgomery, Alabama. My children only see everyone all together at Christmas.   This struck me hard this year. I find myself wondering if when Billy and I are gone... will they still get together?  Will they call and check on one another?

All three of my adult children are married now!

                                                 Dakota & Alex ~ October 28, 2017


Mandi & Andrew ~ Nov. 1, 2017


Mike & Amber celebrated 10 years of marriage.


So, lots of changes.... but good changes....  and I know it's life. I know that I can share here. It helps to sort through my emotions by writing them out. I always want to share our memories. I wasn't very consistent with that this year....  mostly because of our computer issues. 

My original half dozen (more adult then kids)

All of us except my sister and Dakota's wife, Alex.


I'm thankful for family & friends. Thankful you still stop by. Happy New Year to you and your family!

~grace & peace




1 comment:

  1. Wow - you had almost back to back weddings! I'm not looking forward to the changes that will happen in my parenting when my girls leave home...but I have to get through the teen years first. Next week our firstborn turns 13!

    Happy New Year, Teena!

    ReplyDelete