Tuesday, January 23, 2018

All our Advent Happenings and Mess Ups.

One of my favorite things this Christmas season was celebrating Advent with my children. We have done this for a lot of years. For the past 6 years we have incorporated Advent Surprises. This year I think I became extra busy... which brought more stress and we had a few days we didn't do a Surprise. We also didn't finish our Advent readings & Jotham's Journey book Ishtar's Odyssey. So the week after Christmas we read and spent some time together. It is a slower pace and all the Christmas decorations were still up.... and I love this time. It helps me to just rest and renew. This year our Lysa didn't return to college till Jan. 6th so we extended our Christmas season.

All that to say....  this is one of my favorite things that happened .....

Lincoln put the star on our Advent Tree/Jesse Tree~ our new book "The Wonder of the Greatest Gift."

I let him open the little squares....  of the ones we still had to do.... and then we found the star. It was just him and I. Everyone else doing other things and so we talked and shared this special time. Instead of having guilt about not completely our advent stuff....  this was perfect. If the star had already been on.... then I wouldn't have had this moment with Lincoln!

Thank you, Jesus. 









Grace~ Teena

No comments:

Post a Comment