Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Student Life Camp 2017

As summer comes closing in..... well, we still have some time. We will not start school till August 21st.  But, I think back on all our summer memories... now to be cherished forever.

We saw the sunrise several times this summer..... most of those times were at the beach.  We saw lots of sunsets.....  we laughed together. My word for this year is LAUGH.  I love how God continues to remind me.....   of that word. We have LAUGHED....

My two youngest and I went to Student Life Camp at Daytona Beach about two weeks ago. It. was. amazing.  I can't say enough about it.  I am so thankful for this time with my boys and me. We walked and walked and jumped, sang, worshipped, and felt the presence of our God. Rend Collective, Crowder Music and Trip Lee led us in worship all week and every morning we would listen to Robby Gality and every evening we would listen to David Platt.  The theme for the week was The Word. David Platt taught/preached from the Word and showed us just how very important The Word is.







Student Life partners with Compassion International. We were so very excited to meet Emmanuel. Emmanuel is a Compassion graduate. We met, visited and loved on him. Emmanuel is from Kenya. On our last night we brought him some snacks (his favorites) and I had written him a long letter. Later he sent me fb msg sharing about how he missed his sponsor's letters. I love sponsorship. It changes lives. Emmanuel is a part of our family now. 


90 children were released from poverty in Jesus name. So very thankful. Seeing and hearing Emmanuel share how sponsorship forever changed his life was wonderful. God is faithful. I am so very thankful for how God has changed our life through Compassion International.

It was a fantastic week.  So very thankful for camp with my boys.

God is faithful.
Grace~ Teena

1 comment:

  1. I've enjoyed seeing all of your summer adventures through social media. We too will not begin school for a little while longer. Summer in south GA is far from over!

    ReplyDelete