Sunday, February 05, 2017

How can it be 15 Years?

Things were pretty scary 15 yrs ago tonight. I was almost 33 weeks pregnant with my 5th child.  I had pre~eclampsia and my blood pressure was so high .... our doctor made the decision to deliver him. Yes, by c~section. All my babies have been by c~section (story for another day). I had been on bedrest for almost a month, taken the steroid shots to mature the baby's lungs and had bi~weekly non stress tests.

But, on the morning of the 4th....  my head was hurting so bad, my eyes were "dancing."  So, I called labor & delivery and they told me to come immediately.

Upon arrival my blood pressure was 198/118. My doctor admitted me and started magnesium sulfate. Dr. Reese also gave me another round of the shots to mature the baby's lungs.

Things. were. pretty. scary.

God was there. He poured His mercy out...

Wyatt Emory was born the morning of  February 6th.  He weighed 5 lbs 1 oz and was 18" long. Such a tiny thing!  So very thankful to God for His grace and mercy. So very thankful for our 5th born son who was named after my dad (Emory).


This was the first 24 hours of Wyatt's life. Wyatt came home with me/us only after 4 days in the hospital! God is good!







Wyatt, you are such a bright spot in my life. You are so full of love.... Jesus' love. You always make sure I am alright. At almost 15, you still tell us you love us. The way you are full of JOY and always singing and smiling ... makes me think of your sister. I know you miss her very much. You help me so much with all the changes... reassuring me everything will be ok. I know God has big plans for you but He is already so big in your life. I am going to fully embrace these 3 1/2 years with you. Time is running out....  at this moment right now I have 184 weeks left till you start college... 1287 days.... 30,885 hours....  I love you so very much, Wyatt! Happy Birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment