Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas is Here and Gone.

Christmas is here and gone ... but as Ann Voskamp says...Christmas is forever because Christ is always with us. All our children and grandson were home for Christmas. My four adult children traveled to be with us. So excited. We are a large family and so it is very loud here when everyone comes. This year my sister was with us too... so that makes 13 of us.

The boys and I have been doing our Advent reading and our Advent Surprises. The advent surrpises help me to stay focused ... as and older mom I am tired at night and and tend to just chill on the couch and watch some of our shows or play on my phone.  I do not want to waste our nights this way. I want to make memories.... even when I do not want to... you know?  So our surprises keep me engaged with my boys and making lasting memories. It is crazy to me....  how they pick things they really loved from previous years and it was the simplest thing!


Lysa came home last Friday so now she is sharing with us in our Advent. It is always fun.
I love this time of year. Leading up to Christmas is often my favorite. We do not buy a lot....  we make gifts and give gifts that give back.

So very thankful to my God for His gift of our Lord and Savior. Hope each of you had a very Merry Christmas! Would love to hear how you are enjoying your family & friends this season.



Grace~ Teena

No comments:

Post a Comment