Saturday, August 06, 2016

The Olympics and My Perspective.


Tonight we watched the opening ceremonies of the 2016 Olympics. They are being hosted in Rio this time. I love the Olympics. I always have. I make my children watch ALL of the opening ceremonies and we watch lots of the events. We have fun!
Last month my three youngest and I went to Haiti. We worked with Baptist 4 Haiti for a week. I plan to share A LOT more of that soon.

Everything looks different since Haiti. 

I think about the poor and oppressed in Rio.  We do not see that. I think about if hosting the Olympics brought in money for the poor or if it did not.

I found this story tonight and it helped my heart. Take a couple minutes and read this incredible story!

Team Refugees

I love making memories with my kids. Lysa leaves in two weeks for college. I am so thankful God blessed us with her. My heart will be so sad but I know this is what God has for her....   time flies.

For the next 10 days we will watch the Olympics.  Tonight as the walk of nations past....  we cheered for the USA but we also cheered when Bolivia (our Erik), Philippines (Lysa's Jazzy & Joy), Indonesia (my first boy Ucok), Uganda (Jamira) Columbia (Wyatt's Sebastian), Tanzania (Neema) and Betlhem (Ethiopia)....  

Things just seem different this time around.


Sponsor a child today!
Grace~ Teena

No comments:

Post a Comment