Thursday, August 07, 2014

His Great Creation

I have shared here over and over how very much I love Destin.  I look forward to it every year and always hope we can go more than once a year. It is around 300 miles but the cost is VERY inexpensive for us.

I love the beach.....    really any beach.  Destin is one of my favorite beaches but I love the beach.

 I have shared here....  not very often....  and not many details about my sustaining longing/thorn in my flesh.  It is an on going  situation and God gives me daily grace to walk this journey. For the past several years though ....  as we arrive in Destin a sense of peace comes over me. It is amazing. Several well meaning friends and family....   make comments like "is that the only place you love," or "there are other places that are great too."    I do love other places and I know there are lots of great, beautiful places!"  Sometimes I would even feel guilty because I loved it so much. We stay at a military campground and it is very very basic. For years we would camp in our pop up.  Now we stay at the cabins.

My time there is something else.  I just can not explain it.  I truly believe it is divine. I know God is always with us and I do feel His presence else where .... all the time....   but Destin....  oh my...

This year as we were visiting the little book store that we go to each year....
I found that book "My Beautiful Broken Seashell."  It was like God just allowed me to see it .....  and it explained beautifully how my heart rejoices over Destin and how He cares about the desires of our heart.
~Dawn has broken on a beautiful day here at the ocean. I've come to refresh my weary spirit and to refuel my tired soul. I'm so grateful for the peace and the calm of the seashore, where time stands still and unrushed... where I can see and feel the beauty all around me. This is my first morning at the ocean and as I walk to the beach, feeling the rich warm sand beneath my feet....

~It is low tide and I watch, mesmerized, as the ocean rises slowly .... curls... and then spills its white-laced foam onto the shore...

~/Somehow, here at the ocean, I receive so many gifts. I am grateful for the inner peace that fills my soul. I take time to notice sandpipers playing along the shore.... beach grasses swaying in the salty breezes. I delight in finding simple treasures... a piece of smooth green glass... a transparent white stone... a starfish....

...my little book I found in our favorite little book store... in one of our favorite places in the world...


They way He loves us....   I have continued to read through this little book several times this summer. It does talk about a shell....  broken....  and I will share more about that too.... 

Also, this song....   has spoken to me this year.....   have you heard it? I just love it.

So many gifts.....   may we take the time to slow down .... refuel and refresh.....


Grace~ Teena

2 comments:

  1. Love this! The ocean is my happy place too... and we live SO FAR from it. I did get my fill when we were in the Philippines this time. I didn't want to leave. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We enjoy the beach (& well almost anywhere else) too! The pictures are so peaceful & yes, time seems to slow down there. Can't wait to hear more about your book! Miss y'all! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete