Friday, July 26, 2013

YAHWEH

As most of you know....  this year has been a hard one for me.  For a while every month some sadness or crisis would happen. Remember....  I count gifts ....   even the hard eucharisteo.....

Earlier this month I was reading over at Ann's and she was remembering  Sara Frank~Gitzengirl....   she remembered that Sara told her to "breath deep."

Ann also shared that the name for God  is YAHWEH.


“The letters of the name of God in Hebrew… are infrequently pronounced Yahweh. But in truth they are inutterable….This word {YHWH} is the sound of breathing.The holiest name in the world, the Name of Creator, is the sound of your own breathing. That these letters are unpronounceable is no accident. Just as it is no accident that they are also the root letters of the Hebrew verb ‘to be’… God’s name is name of Being itself.
~Rabbi Lawrence Kushner

Last week when we were in Orlando visiting my oldest son Michael & his wife Amber... I was looking at a book I want Lysa to read this year in school. Just kind of thumbing through the book.  I came across this:

The name Yahweh appears some 6,823 times in the Old Testament, as He is the focus and hero of the scriptures.  When your translation has the world LORD, in all capital letters, you know this is the personal name of God, YHWH.  ~Doctrines by Mark Driscoll & Gerry Breshears

With the every day struggles and being such a hard year ... this was indeed what I needed. I love how God pulls me close ...  I also love love love the song by Chris Tomlin called:
YAHWEH

So when I find myself stressed and needing a deep breath..... I breath deep while saying YAHWEH.

As the stresses & struggles come.....  remember to count your gifts and breath deep. YHWH.


Grace~ Teena

1 comment:

  1. Didn't know things had been hard...love you! Praying God moves! Laurie

    ReplyDelete