Saturday, December 22, 2012

More Advent Fun....

Some more of our Advent Surprises!
Advent Surprise Day #10.... Crispy Snowflakes .....   these snowflakes are made out of tortillas...  fried in oil and sprinkled with powdered sugar!
Advent Surprise Day #12.....Open gift.....  two ornaments! One of our Bolivian boy, Erik and our dog Skip!
Advent Surprise Day #18..... Make candy out of molds!
Advent Surprise Day #20....  Read the book "Small One."

Advent Surprise Day #14 .....  Make peanut butter kiss cookies and bring some to the neighbors.

We are having a great time with these Advent Surprises. It has helped me so much .... to stay focused on what is really important. This time of year ... even when we do not buy much...  we still give gifts to our children.  So that makes seven that I buy for. I always make Christmas candy... and we always make goodies for the neighbors, we try to adopt a needy family or senior, we also participate in 7 Baskets... where we give out food to the community. All that to say... I can get really busy and lose my focus.  Doing our Advent Surprises has been a great way to make memories and spend time with my children. Simple activities ....   but they love them!

Hope you are enjoying your family this week before Christmas!

Sponsor a child today, change a life forever!
Grace~ Teena

2 comments:

  1. My friend and I give cookies to my neighbors every year too. We get together one Saturday and make up a bunch of cut outs. We decorate them with tips and frosting and sprinkles. Then we give them to my elderly neighbors along with a Christian Christmas card. It is soo fun. I love the ornaments too, btw :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea!!! That inspires me for the years to come!

    ReplyDelete