Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Seeing the Bigger Picture



My friend Aimee posted this yesterday on her blog. It really spoke to me. You see I have been in a "rut" so to speak. As I watched it ... and realized that "MY" problems are really not problems at all.

Also reading over at Ann's about LIFE....
Life is not hard because you're doing something wrong: Life is a battle. Put on your armor.
Life is battle and the weak and the weary have this weapon: The JOY of the Lord is my strength.


This day to day stuff ... gets the best of me.... and I find myself in the hard eucharisteo...  counting it all JOY~  asking Him to wash over me... with His peace. Repeating like Ann, the JOY of the Lord is my Strength. 

This JOY keeps showing up in the most crazy places....  

Our family watches Castle...  I know probably not the best show.  One of the main characters is Kate Beckett.  At the end of the show last night she said

"even on the worse days their is the possibility of JOY" 

So even in the hard places.... on the worse days.... HIS JOY is still there....  




Grace~Teena

3 comments:

  1. Yes, JOY is always possible! I love your honesty & your transparency, Teena! So encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful way to look at the circumstances of our lives. I think we all go through those seasons Teena. It is the way we respond that matters. You are doing it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teena,
    Thought I'd pop in and do some catching up. I've been so busy these past few weeks. Too busy! I just can't seem to find much time for the computer nowadays--though I am trying harder.

    Happy Belated Birthday!!! This is just crazy but I was born on my mom's birthday too!!! My mom wasn't quite as sweet about it as yours though. :-P Anyway, hope your day was great.

    I know that joy is something so many people need more of in their lives. How many people think that they would be happier if their life was easier. But we can choose to feel joy and ask our Heavenly Father for it when we can't seem to muster it up in our own strength (which has been more often for me these past few months!). But the way I see it, there is always something to be joyful about even if it is just a small thing. It's just a matter of perspective sometimes, don't you think?

    I enjoy watching Castle too but haven't been able to do so in quite a while. Sarah and I would watch them together when the little ones weren't underfoot (before we moved) since it isn't really one of the best shows. :-) I miss watching it.

    I've been enjoying fall as well and our family LOVES Charlie Brown too!! I'm eagerly awaiting Halloween night so that we can watch our favorite Halloween cartoons... Charlie Brown, Garfield and Monster House. :-)

    Blessings to you sweetie!! Much love, Kris

    ReplyDelete