Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy New Year... 2012!

Happy New Year!

Can you believe it is 2012! Time really does go faster ... as I get older.. seems like it should still be 2008.. 2009... 2010... 

So what are your goals for this year?  Your word?  Do you choose a word for the year?  What's on your reading list?

I have been thinking about what I believe my word will be.  It is such a given. For awhile though this word continues to come up.  I think it does for everyone...   it is simple but really  not. 

GRACE~

a favor rendered by one who need not do so....


God's unmerited favor=GRACE


This word continues to come up... over and over....   we have been visiting a church named Gracepointe,  my son Mike (Michael) launched a church plant (w/ Rick Garrett) named Grace-Conway....  these two pics above ... one I bought this summer and one a friend gave me this Christmas. For months I have been listening to Shaun Groves sing "All is Grace." His grace is enough. His grace carries me over and over again... it is by HIS GRACE that I am HIS.

Eph. 4:7 Grace was given to each one of us according to the measures of Christ's gift.

2 Cor. 12:9 He said to me "My grace is enough for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness."

Eph. 2:8 For by grace you have been saved... through faith... it is the gift of God



So, remember Your people,
Remember Your children,
Remember Your promise, O God.

Your grace is enough.
Your grace is enough
Your grace is enough for me ~  Matt Maher

All is Grace, All is Grace
All is Grace and Grace enough
All is Grace, All is Grace
All is Grace and Grace enough
For all of us~ For all of us    ~  Shaun Groves

His Grace is enough~


For the New Year... sponsor a child.. change a life!
Grace~

3 comments:

  1. Love your word Teena. My word is Listen. I feel like God has been prepping me for this for a couple years and I'm so excited to hear what he has in store for me.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a precious word Teena. I'm not sure what mine is yet. I have been feeling that there will be more than one - sort of slipped into my heart as the year goes by.
    I pray your year will be filled with riches of His blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally learned to comment! YAY! It's neat I read this. I had never heard of having a "word" and all on my own decided I wanted to pray this year about serve...serving others through my service for God and that He would open doors for our family. Then, I read in my New Year's guide post about having a word for the New Year. I knew what mine was already. Then, I've read about you doing this. God is so wonderful in the ways He works. Love ya! Happy New Year! Laurie

    ReplyDelete