Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Just a few more days....

 I have read lots this week reminding me to stop.... and take the time to BE with my kids, DO what is important....  make memories.  Today I felt some stress creeping in as I was making some of my Christmas candy... getting a package ready to take to the post office.   Up til now...  I have really just soaked it all in... enjoying this time of year.
When you talk, do not say harmful things, but say what people need—words that will help others become stronger.“ Ephesians 4:29 (NCV)


My last post....  I shared how I was wondering what the purpose of this blog is...

I think the verse above pretty much sums up what I want this blog to be about. Not just on the blog but in my life....     daily as I walk this journey.

As I come here and share....   about my life...   I do want to bring Him glory.  I want to share about Compassion International and how it has changed our life.  I want to share about our life.... and how God continues to teach us and how His ways are not our ways...  so it takes lots of twist and turns along the way.... 

I had someone ask me "how do you teach your children to not be selfish?"  I thought about this for a bit....   what came to my mind ...  is  

"live a lifestyle of serving others...."    I truly believe the more we reach out to others....  care for others....   get out of our comfort zone....   give to others....   He gives His grace and blesses us.

We are excited about Christmas... the boys keep saying "I can't wait til Christmas!"

I can't wait either.....   

SHE can't either.... will YOU be her Christmas this year?

*** if you would like to make a difference in a child's life....  sponsor JANE (Jean) from the Philippines. She is 14 yrs old...   Alyssa & I decided that we would pick  4 of the many children who need sponsors .. Ron, Ray, Mariel and Jane. After a week we went back to Compassion.com and checked. All but Jane were sponsored!  We were very excited....  but continued to pray for Jane. Jane is still waiting...   YOU could be a wonderful Christmas present for her.  Will you change a life today? Please let me know if YOU are the one who will sponsor Jane.

1 comment:

  1. Our hearts are beating to the same rhythm. I'm so glad our paths have crossed. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete