Saturday, November 27, 2010

Its Christmas time.... but I keep thinking of this....

 We have our Christmas tree up....   and I have even bought some presents for my children....   but I keep thinking of this...
 This was a little girl who lived in the village....
 This was in the slum.  You can see the slum and right behind the slum was the wealthier Kenyans.
 Maureen.  She will graduate as a Compassion LDP in Kenya on December 10th. Following her graduation she will help Kristen Welch from WeareTHATfamily launch the Mercy House.  She is holding Mandi's bible. I am still so thankful how God connected them together.
 I love this picture....   just love his face.  A little boy in the village.
How the people in the village washed their clothes. They would walk a long way and then wash their clothes in THIS water....

So why can't I get this out of my mind....  again, "I" didn't go to Kenya? It's not just Mandi's trip to Africa.. it is my mindset.  I can't really explain it....   words continue to fail me.  A longing....  to touch, see... to help...

I am thinking about how we can bless others this Christmas...    we put extra change in a jar throughout the year.   We plan to shop in the gift catalogs and pick out something ....   soccer balls, chickens, goats....   we may choose to bless our Compassion child's family.  I didn't know you could do that....  but through reading about Compassion MORE...   I found out that I can.  I want him to know ...  that we care and love him. Not just by financially supporting him but through our letters....   I want him to know that we are praying... I want him to see Jesus in us.

As I start Advent tomorrow....   as we prepare for the coming of Jesus....  He came to give LIFE. He came to give....   He gave himself.... 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:05 PM

    I just finished reading The Christmas Jar a couple of weeks ago, so I have started one, too. (Except, I think I will give it away whenever it is full instead of waiting for Christmas). You know, there's a lot of back-and-forth between Christians during this season about who/what/when/where we should/should not be doing. I don't think there's any shame in celebrating the holidays in an "American way" as long as we don't let excess and indulgence take over. Being ever-mindful of these precious ones and have an attitude "better to give than receive" is most important...the rest is just details. Thankful for your heart!

    ReplyDelete