Sunday, November 29, 2009

Advent starts today.....

Each year we do Advent. I have several Advent Devotionals that I have used. I rotate them. I will post the links here and hopefully you will find some great resources...


My children look forward to Advent each year.


I am seriously thinking of taking ALL of December OFF of school.....


NOT really.... but we will do our Math & English. Then we will incorporate Advent Activities into the rest of the day. I want to make several things with them.... and I want to PREPARE FOR THE COMING OF JESUS..... PREPARE OUR HEARTS AND OUR MINDS...



http://www.teachingmom.com/features/advent.html This is a free site. TONS of stuff here. You can pick what you want. She has things for each day. Just pick and choose do not over load yourself.... excellent Advent site.




Ann Voskamp does a great job.... with "The Glorious Coming" ~ we have used this for several years too. It is wonderful...










This is a new Advent Devotional by my friend Kimberly Eddy. I am excited about this one too. Kimberly shared with me several years ago before formatting this into a ebook. We have used her devotionals for several years and my kids love it. Very reasonable price... and tons of stuff!








Another resource that you might find interesting.... and moving...
Reminding us to do the things that matter most.....

I will continue to share more on Advent .... and hopefully some of our pics. May you prepare for the coming of our Jesus....


As I always say make memories..... I often hear my older ones say "remember when we did that or awww remember how we did this?" My olders all want to be here to decorate our tree... so we will work it so that everyone can share in this tradition that we have.


Some of you with just small ones.... start now ... make traditions..... memories.... for today will soon be a memory.... write on their hearts.... lots of hugs and special times.


ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment