Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Attitude and the altar

We are in revival this week. I have struggled the past couple weeks with my attitude. Just really down at times. I am not sure if this is because of my uncle's death and remembering not long ago losing my Dad and my mom. Or if it is just feeling like I am overwhelmed?

My 11 yr old daughter is struggling with her attitude too. We talked about this before revival tonight. During the invitation.... as we were singing "Amazing Grace" I glanced over at her to find her eyes closed and mouth moving as she was praying. I whispered to her ... asking if she wanted to go down to the altar and pray. She did. Hand in hand we walked down the balcony stairs .... on the way down I stopped by our minister of youth/education and asked him to come pray with us. As we knelt and he prayed.... I saw tears drop on her capris.... she was broken.

Was I? Sometimes this world gets all tangled and the journey is hard.... I need HIM to wash over me, calm my anxiety.... and give me HIS peace.

I tell myself often that emotions lie.....

A couple months ago we had a lady come speak to the Ladies at our church. She shared the "Red Sea Rules" by Robert J. Morgan. I would like to share them here. I read over them and really mediate on a couple that speak to my heart. I hope they will bless you~

Rule #1 Realize that God means for you to be where you are.
Rule #2 Be more concerned for God's glory, than for your own relief.
Rule #3 Acknowledge your enemy, but keep your eyes on the Lord.
Rule #4 Pray
Rule #5 Stay calm and confident, and give God time to work.
Rule #6 When unsure, just take the next logical step by faith.
Rule #7 Envision God's enveloping presense.
Rule #8 Trust God to deliver in His own unique way.
Rule #9 View your current crisis as a faith builder for the future.
Rule #10 Don't forget to praise Him.


The ones that really speak to me are #1, #2, and #9. I will read these over and over..... these are on a book mark that I have. You can also order the book that discusses each rule. Here is the website http://www.kaydekalbsmith.com/



Grab hold of the moment for soon it will be a memory.....

2 comments:

  1. Teena,
    After reading on your homeschool blog a couple of your posts about the Red Sea Rules I bought the book for Sarah. She hasn't made much headway on it as of yet cause her brain is all scrambled up and needs to be read to at this point. We are reading a depression (health) book right now and the Red Sea Rules are next on the reading list. Oh, and I also got The Hinterlands by Robert J. Morgan. It is fictional and really interesting since I love historical fiction.

    You know, I don't know why, but seems to me that everybody is a bit down in the dumps lately and feeling off kilter. Times are tough. I pray for the revival of Christians and that we would walk strongly again. Life is so meaningless without our Lord.

    Praying for you to feel His presence in a powerful, refreshing way that will bring new life into your soul and give you the boost you need to continue on down the path that the Lord has chosen for you to walk.

    Love ya!!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog's new look!

    You're right; this journey is HARD. I struggle with my attitude, here too. And Kate's attitude as well. It is hard! I need Him to wash over me too, to revive me.

    I love you, dear friend, and am praying for you always.

    ~HUGS~
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete