Saturday, February 29, 2020

What are You Reading?

I am reading lots more these days. I wasn't always a reader. But, as my children have grown I've had more time to myself. Bittersweet.

I like reading lots of self help books and lots of fiction.


These three books have been highlights of my 2019. God has really spoke to my heart through these reads. I love Jessica Smartt's book Memory Making Mom ~ so much of what I do with my children is intentionally make memories. I know first hand it is the simple things that they take away as grown children- adults.  I asked them what was a childhood memory was one of their favorites. Three out of four of them said.... our picnics in the woods. Another post on that later.

Whispers of Rest I shared about in the post about Cambodia and the Yellow Flowers. This devotion is one I want to do over and over. I truly LOVE it. It amazed me over and over how God met me right there....  I've just started this over. I love Bonnie Gray and I'm half way through her first book Finding Spiritual Whitespace.

So many books..... so little time!




Some of my fiction .....

Redeeming Love is my favorite! I love all of Francine Rivers books. These two are my favorite so far. I finished Leota's Garden and I love it. As I am older my heart went out to Leota. I also loved Francine River’s book Masterpiece!


So tell me what are you guys reading?


Grace~ Teena

No comments:

Post a Comment