Friday, July 15, 2022

Never posted/This Pandemic then/now.


APRIL 2020-Things are uncertain and strange right now.... we have been "sheltering in place" since March 15th. We live on 5 acres and I am a stay at home mom so being home isn't strange but not going out or getting together with friends and MISSING church.... is hard. It's not unbearable and honestly I have enjoyed the slowing and more time at home, with my kiddos. 

I have two seniors.... one graduating from high school (home school) and one from college. Both of their graduation ceremonies have been cancelled/postponed. Especially sad for my college senior, Alyssa (Lysa)~ her senior spring semester cut short. She never went back after spring break (March 16th). Lysa is finishing classes online but no official "lasts" or "goodbyes" and of course, her ceremony that was suppose to be May 9, 2020. 
All that to say.....  we are ok. It will all be ok. Lots of events cancelled. Lots still being cancelled. 
We are taking advantage of this time though.....  we have fished, walked, went to an outside nursery and several drive-thru for food. We try to shop local... because our small local businesses are struggling. At the first of the 'shelter in place" we went to a drive-in movie. It was the first for my youngest three! So we are embracing this time because when this is all over .... I know we will miss it and look back and cherish it!

OCTOBER 2020 -8 months later... I never posted the above so I thought I would do a then and NOW.  It’s been crazy. Who would of thought back in March- that in October we would still be dealing with the virus. I journaled our days on Instagram- up till day 90+ but ... today is day 225 since the 15th of March when we started the shelter in place. 

We are not staying home 100% - we are attending church on Sundays since June but with distancing & masks. Lots of controversy about this virus. It’s really discouraging. Lots of opinions and not much grace being given. We do Walmart pick ups but will go in for a quick run but with masks. None of us has contracted the virus ... but we know several who have and a few who have died. I’m ready for this to be gone. I miss the old ways but ... we are good. We have a roof over our heads, food, air conditioning & heat, and money to make it. Things can always be worse. 


I will give an up to date- update soon!
Does anyone read blogs anymore?



No comments:

Post a Comment