Monday, July 01, 2019

Cambodia, Yellow Flowers and my Sunshine Girl



Lysa flew to Cambodia in March. To minister at Rapha House. Rapha House is a non profit safe house that rescue girls from sex traffiking.  As always God connected the dots and I was able to peek in.....



She told me about these three little girls that she met and how they opened up to her a bit. One made the heart sign with her hands and one gave her yellow flowers. She could see HOPE there. These girls at Rapha House have been rescued from sex trafficking ......  and Lysa felt HOPE there....

She shared with me through messenger. Of course, no pictures are allowed....  for privacy and safety. I told her that I would pray for those girls and I would buy some yellow flowers and place them on my kitchen sink. Every time I saw them I would remember and pray for those girls.

Later that day I was reading in my devotional by Bonnie Gray. Whispers of Hope  and this was my devotional for that day!!!

We all need encouraging reminders of peace. I love that Jesus points us to look at flowers in the filed. Behavioral research at Rutgers University found that simply looking at flowers improves emotional health. The presence of flowers triggered happy emotions in participants, increasing feeling of life satisfaction. Flowers are a natural mood enchaner. Harvard University even demonstrated that those who aren't morning people, who start out with morning blahs, reported a boost in energy, happiness and friendliness that lasted through-out the day by looking at flowers first thing in the morning, placed in a room they frequented often- particularly in kitchen. ~ Bonnie Gray

IT ACTUALLY SAID THE KITCHEN!!

Then this-

TODAY'S BELOVED CHALLENGE

Buy Flowers for Yourself
Place them where you can enjoy them

May the flowers remind you how valuable you are to Jesus. He is your peace


Love how Jesus connects the dots. Love yellow flowers. They will always mean so much more to me now.


Grace~ Teena

No comments:

Post a Comment