Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Keeping it Real

Let me be real honest here......    I haven't really been blogging much in 2014.  My word for this year is HOPE.  Seems like I have been in need of HOPE most of this year.  Oh it is only first world problems but I keep fighting to not grow weary.  Often I feel I am losing that battle.  God is with me and I know that.  I am still counting my gifts and several....  of those include the HARD gifts.

Give Thanks.  I have counted since 2007.  God is faithful and I look for His gifts daily. I truly believe it is what keeps me going......

I do come here often and look at the screen.  I do have lots to share but I can't seem to get it out. I still read other blogs but often do not comment like I once did.

I turned 53 in Sept. and we celebrated 34 years of marriage this month.  I am still home schooling our three youngest.  The older three are all adults and living in different places.

We are getting ready for Advent. I love the Christmas season.  Not the cold but the Christmas part.

I am still struggling with my sustaining longing.  I have called it that for years. Some of you may understand and some not.  I know God knows and His grace, mercy and peace covers me most of the time.  Some times I just want to wallow in self pity and after a bit He shows me that is not the way... and He gives me an extra amount of grace & joy! 

I am so looking foward to all of us being together at Christmas. We haven't all been together since LAST Christmas.  I know that is how things will be as my adult children live their own lives. I am so excited for them all to be home.

Just thought I would say hi. Maybe I will blog more soon.

May the JOY of the Lord be yours.



Grace~ Teena

2 comments:

  1. Just sending love Teena. I feel as though we've been friends for a long time. Praying His love and peace and hope will fill your heart. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited for you to have all of your family together again this holiday season! Praying for whatever it is that gets you down. If it makes you feel better, everyone deals with something or lots of somethings. Lots of times I feel like my plate is too full & nobody else deals with the situations that I do. I too can wallow in self pity. I can cry & feel depressed. That is the enemy of our souls tactic. I can pray & things can even get worse. Then, somehow when I don't even notice, God shows up & gives me strength & a new attitude! I can face the same or similar challenges with a new sense of self. I cannot do this alone. I can only be encouraged through Christ! Enjoy your holidays! I love ya! I'm here right down the road if you ever wanna talk! Miss ya too!

    ReplyDelete