Saturday, October 11, 2014

In Christ Alone...... HOPE.

It's been a while.....    My word for 2014 is HOPE.  

HOPE .....   it pops up here and there....  and my song/one line that I sing when needed the most...

In Christ alone.... my HOPE is found.... He is my Light, my Strength, my Song.... 

My first-world problems seem BIG in 2014 .....   it seems it is one thing or another...   but HIS HOPE is there always.

Suffering is not the absence of goodness, it is not the absence of beauty, but perhaps it can be the place where true beauty can be known. ~ Kara Tippetts 

I know so many around me.....  really, really suffering.....   several I know with cancer and fighting for their life.  

I talked with a mom last night and we both shared how we are praying for Kate McRae as cancer has returned for the 3rd time! How this 10 yr old fights .....  and still smiles!  

I listened to Kara Tippetts video clips about what is really important.....   as she struggles with stage 4 cancer.  Reading over at Kara's blog and seeing how she continues to glorify God through her cancer.

A dear friend's mom is now with Jesus after suffering with cancer.....  

my Uncle (my dad's last living brother) is with Jesus too....  after his fight for several years....

So, again I come back to my little struggles.....   and I know that I know that God is working all things for His good. Lots of trips to doctors for us this year,   Wyatt with stomach problems, Lysa with several things .....   but in those trips we take time to talk, stop for an ice cream/snack, or look for neat places to see.....  

In August when our car's engine blew.....   our fairly new car.....    Mike & Amber were with us and I look back and see how the timing was perfect.  Do I understand WHY the engine blew.... no.
God is the God of HOPE.  Mandi is missing in this pic. She moved to Alabama in May and we miss her a lot!

I have been blogging for several years now.... sometimes more than others....  but most of all I want to be REAL.   Not just sharing the pictures that look perfect and ALL the good times....   but even in the struggles.  


In Christ alone.... my HOPE is found....


Grace~ Teena

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog posts! You'd think we lived millions of miles away as little as we see one another! :'( I am praying that those doctor visits are behind y'all now! God has healing in His wings! When we look around us, it doesn't take long to realize God's grace & mercy on our families! I have HOPE in a brighter tomorrow! Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete