Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Our New Arrivals!

The post office called yesterday morning......  OUR CHICKS CAME!
We have funky chickens....
We have Golden Polish ones.... these are ones with the funny top hats.
We also have Partridge Cochins.....  these are the ones with feathers on their feet!
Look how cute!

We also have a couple of Crevecoeus....  these originated from Normandy, France. Since my Dad was in WWII and was at Normandy... I thought this would be cool.

We also have six chicks from the local feed store. A few Rhode Island Reds and a couple bantams. So in total we have 23 chicks.  We love them. My grandmother loved sitting outside watching the chickens scratch in the dirt...    I think I have inherited this from her! We do not eat our chickens... just the eggs.

Spring is here.  We also have three ducks! The kids wanted ducks.... I am not very thrilled about the ducks!

How is your spring going?  The sun is shining... the kids have already been in the pool! Well, Wyatt & Wesley have...   hehehe ....

May the JOY of the Lord be yours.

Grace~ Teena

3 comments:

  1. How fun!! We had chickens when I was growing up and I used to love getting new chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to get some ducks myself one day. What don't you like about the ducks? I know that geese can be mean. We love duck eggs but don't have any water on our property but we could sink a pool. Just curious and wanted your thoughts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! They are so cute! My kids would love some pets around here!

    ReplyDelete