Tuesday, October 16, 2012

How My Life has Changed Pt. 2

If you haven't read part 1 click here

Mandi's mission trip to Kenya....  didn't just change Mandi... it changed me... it changed Lysa... it changed all of us!
How can you look at a picture like this.... see my oldest daughter in that picture and be the same person? It changes everything.


Wow, looking at these pictures brings back a flood of emotions. God has allowed so many things to change the way we *do* life and I am forever grateful. As Mandi would send me a short msg here and there.... at 3am...  I felt like Africa/Kenya was part of me. I know that may sound strange. But like I said it is so hard to put it into words.

After Kenya....  it was like the flood gates opened....  every time I would chat or skype with Maureen it was amazing. She is one of the most grateful people I know. She was raised in the slum, sponsored at 7 yrs old.....  went through so much in her life and still praises God. She is changing lives daily as she is the ext. director of The Mercy House in Kenya.  We started writing her nephew Dimmy...  and again, God continued to show me His grace... even in the hard places.
In 2011 I became a Compassion Advocate....  Lysa (my 14 yr old daughter) sponsored Jazzy Rain from the Philippines. In  2011... I real Ann Voskamp's book "One Thousand Gifts."  I read how Ann took the challenge to count gifts...  how her life had changed... and since 2007 I counted gifts too. In 2012.... God brought Erik into our life... and just last month Neema came into our life!

Neema means GRACE!

It is just the way we do life. It is part of us. When others ask me to explain....  I can't. I am not sure how to explain. I think over the last 4 yrs I have just morphed into this new way of life....  morphed by God's grace! So now .... we just live it.

Loving God, Loving others and Living fully....

This month, I am participating in a blog link up called 31 Day Series. 


Sponsor a child today and change your life forever!
Grace~ Teena

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Teena! It's so beautiful when God works in a life & changes it for His glory.

    ReplyDelete