Sunday, January 08, 2012

An Upcoming Compassion Letter Writing Party~

This Monday I will hold our first Compassion Letter Writing Party. In our local home school group we have about 8 families who sponsor. I decided (with the help of Alyssa of course)  to encourage them in their letter writing.

Please be praying for me.  our PR person sent out an email/text to all members telling them about the party. Two families have texted me already... one asking about sponsorship and one asking if they can come and learn more!

We will use some of your ideas.... Jill's, Michelle's, and Yvonne's!  We will do the winter theme.  I think we will cut snowflakes out of coffee filters like Yvonne showed us. I have a friend who will be helping and we are looking for snowflake/snowman stickers.  I love how Jill shared about her letter writing tips. I will also show them how to write online!

I can see how God is opening doors... in different ways then I thought.  He is like that...  He has my back.

This will have a part 2 .... to be aired after Monday! Thanks for your prayers. Oh and if you have any tips... please share! 



Sponsor a child today!
Grace~

9 comments:

  1. I think this a great idea! I wish I knew other sponsors where I live so we could have letter writing parties.

    I just posted a list of letter writing topics on my blog too, if you want to check it out.

    For my snowflake letters, I'm telling the children about how each snowflake is created unique by God, just like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote some simple facts about snowflakes in my letter - don't know if you can see them in the photo or not.

    For my own upcoming letter writing party, I am hoping some people come who do not sponsor children - if they do, I am going to let them write simple cards that say "for a friend" and then we can send one to a sponsored child and encourage him/her to share it with a child who is not sponsored.

    I'm also going to send them home with some letter writing supplies and perhaps a letter writing "assignment" : )

    Your party is going to go great - and it will evolve over time! You are such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a wonderful idea Teena. I am so bad about writing to our two sponsored children. Something like this would surely help me get going. In fact, you've inspired me to get a couple of letters off this week!
    You're doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited for you Teena, and can't wait to hear all about it, and how it goes!! Something I've wanted to do, but I don't know very many sponsors in our area. I do know a few, and maybe that could be something my sister and I could plan to do sometime this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill, Can you share your blog.




    Sales letter

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! If you've got some sponsors who are unsure what to write, I've got a winter themed letter template going live on my blog tomorrow (Monday) morning. (but you can get a sneak peek here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/77603050/Snow-Letter-Template

    There are more templates on my blog - really, they're just cute writing prompts, but I hope they help. Also, on OurCompassion, a wonderful lady named Sharon Sobczak has a snow letter she's uploaded with tons of facts and a good description of what snow is.

    Let us know how your letter writing party goes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like so much fun! I'm excited for you. I'll definitely pray for your party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The party was great! My kids enjoyed writing the letters. I am hoping to spark their interest in Compassion. After school today I plan to show them the web site.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruby Claire - this is Jill here.... my blog is called Compassion Family. Teena has a link to it on the side of hers, but the address is
    http://www.compassionfamily.blogspot.com

    I give away correspondence kits each month : )

    ReplyDelete