Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Plans change...

We found out last week that my aunt passed away. She was almost 92. She lived on the opposite corner of the house I grew up in since I was 11. We had planned to go to Orlando around the middle of July. Well our plans changed and we left on Thursday, June 30th. It was a wonderful tribute to her life...  we were able to see lots of my cousins and extended family.  It is surreal as most of my aunts/uncles have passed. My Dad's generation.  I have one uncle (in Colorado) and one aunt (atlanta) still living. It feels so weird. Its like we are moving into our parents position and our older children moving into our positions. New season...  changes.

When we went to the funeral this past week we were able to visit with Mike/Amber and my sister.

We visited a spring on Saturday.
On Sunday we worshipped at Grace Orlando. The pastor was out of town and Rick (our x youth pastor who moved to Orlando to church plant with our son Mike) was preaching Sunday morning. I found out that Mike (our son) was leading worship! The worship leader and his wife just had their first child. Rick was preaching and Mike leading worship. So cool...  that we were able to be a part of this as we have watched this whole journey come to be... sGod is good.
Rick preached on relationships. How we are to show love. Eph. 5. It spoke to my heart. God sees the bigger picture. We are called to trust.

I am so excited to see all that God is doing...   Grace Conway will launch as a branch off of Grace Orlando in Sept.  Rick will pastor and Michael will be the worship pastor. Please pray for this new chapter in the lives of my oldest son and his wife, Amber and also our dear friend Rick and his wife Christie and their two children.

Thank you for letting me share.... 

grace & peace...

2 comments:

  1. Sorrowing with you over a generation passing away, and celebrating and praying with you over another rising up. God is faithful to all generations.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss Teena.
    It is a joy to see God's gentle hand in all of this. So glad for the time you got to spend together.

    ReplyDelete